- Salary Calculator: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
- High School Jobs: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
- Resume Resources: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/
Websites to help you get a job
- Illinois Department of Employment Security; IDES (employment office)
- Illinois Skills Match
- Illinois WorkNet
- Put Illinois to Work - Seven Steps to Working Success
- Illinois Apprenticeships
- National Employment System
- America’s Job Exchange
- Illinois Career Resource Network--Career Information
- Fun Career Interest/Exploration Program—build a car and drive a life’s highway
Job Search Sites
- Snag a job--hourly entry level jobs
- 442jobs-jobs in Vermilion County
- Jobs online
- Simply Hired
- JUJU job listings
- Jobs with Vermilion County
- Jobs with the State of Illinois
Jobs for 16-Year-Olds
Here are some job ideas for 16-year-olds:
First, apply to everywhere you can. Your chances go up significantly the more places you apply. Then, about 3 days to 1 week afterwards, go back in and see if the employer has seen your application. I cannot overstress the importance of this because employers want to hire ambitious people. If you do this, at most establishments that hire 16 year old, you should either get something along the lines of we're not hiring, or that they want to set up an interview. As you are interviewed, do not say anything that could get you in trouble, and allow them to have you take a drug test. If you do everything and say what they want to here, your home free. Good Luck!
Anything an adult can do except where indicated in the specific positions. Some limitations can be selling alcohol and driving. (no liquor store)
- Fast food restaurant, car washes, actually you can work at any place that will hire them. Bus person in a restaurant, washing dishes in restaurant, cleaning, mail room person in large business, porters in hotels, caddy at golf course.
- Store clerk (retail clothing shop, hobby shop, drug store, etc.)
- Farm hand
- Receptionist or administrative assistant
- Movie theater attendant
- Babysitting, helping a small business owner, sales, customer service, technical support.
- Any fast food places hire at the age of sixteen and some department stores
- Common occupations for 16-year-olds: cashiers and cooks
- Among youths aged 16 in the 1999-2000 school year, 68 percent held an employee job defined as an ongoing relationship with a particular employer at some point during the school year. Cashier was the most common occupation among 16-year-old females with employee jobs; cook was the most common job for males.
- Cashiers accounted for 20 percent of the female youths with employee jobs. The next most common occupation for 16-year-old females was food counter, fountain, and related occupations, at 14 percent.
- Of the young males with employee jobs, 14 percent worked as cooks. The next most common job for 16-year-old males was stock handlers and baggers
- Check out your local Parks and Recreation Departments. Some have fun Summer Jobs. Some Cities also have Work Experience Programs to train and help you get your first job.
- Try http://www.teens4hire.org/